It has been said before that "a website is a visual representation of your brand".
This is so true. For online stores, websites are the main "touch point" that a customer will have with your brand.
When thinking about your website, here are some important questions to ask yourself:
1) What is the main objective of my website? Is it to provide information about my services? Am I wanting customers to book calls or schedule meetings through my website? Or am I wanting them to purchase the products I am selling? Being clear on this goal is super important as it sets the tone for the layout and overall look and feel of your website.
2) Who is my idea customer? This is important because you want the customer to feel like they can connect/resonate with your online store by the look and feel it has, as well as the imagery and wording around the site. You can't try sell home decor products if your online store looks like its catering for a car and phone accessory type person.
3) What colors will I be using on my online store? Different colors activate different emotions. It's important to have one "stand out" color and the rest of the colors to be very neutral or black and white. You also don't want to overwhelm the customer when they land on your website. Remember the colors you choose will also be used for your social media accounts and overall branding.
Once you have answered these questions, it's important that the website itself is designed optimally.
There is a few key things that make up every successful online store, they are:
- Simple Navigation - There is nothing worse than being on a website and not knowing how to find what you are looking for. Having a simple and clean layout is an essential for every website in 2022.
- A Congruent Color Scheme - Websites that have multiple different colors come across as scammy, untrustworthy and can be difficult to understand. It’s important that the colors on an online store are congruent throughout and not overwhelming.
- FAQs And Policies - Having a frequently asked questions page will save you a lot of time communicating back and forth with customers. Policies are essential as platforms like Facebook, Instagram and Google won’t allow you to advertise if your website doesn’t have that.
- An Easy Checkout Process - There is a number of customers that will try purchase something on your site but for some reason before checking out they decide to bounce off the site. Having a checkout page that is clean and simple to understand can stop this from happening.
It’s important that your website is simple to use and makes it easy for your customer to act on the goal you have set.
Like with most things, less is more.
Feel free to view websites we have created for past clients here.
If you would like to book a call with us to chat about your website needs or you would like more info on our services, you can do so here.
And lastly, if you want more info on our dropshipping services, feel free to view that here.